No late nights, our stores close at 7pm!
Retail Construction Project Manager
As a member of our Retail Management Team, you will build relationships with guests who are underserved by other retailers. DXL really makes a difference by offering an exceptional guest experience. By providing the best service and selection, you too will empower our guest to look and feel his best. Join an organization that values career development and use your sales talent, retail expertise and management experience to lead our retail stores to the next level. Discover why DXL is fit for you!
Full-time - Regular
- Job Level:
What makes a successful Retail Store Manager at DXL? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Team player 10
- Service oriented 10
- Quick to connect 9
- Goal-oriented 8
- Proactive 7
- Good listener
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Extensive Training Program
Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Company discount 30%
Close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment
We're all about the perfect fit. That's why we invest so much in our people. We offer training and development opportunities, along with a promote-from-within, anyone-can-lead philosophy. We're an energized team working together to deliver a one-of-kind experience allowing Big + Tall guys to finally wear what they want.
Every associate has a voice and an opportunity to make an impact -- at DXL we care about our guys, our communities and each other. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of, then DXL is Fit for You!
As a Project Manager, you'll have a critical role overseeing store projects from site survey through store opening and project close-out. You'll also coordinate the development of department layout and design in conjunction with construction criteria for plan preparation with drafting.
Using your project management skills and natural attention to detail you will help support DXL's mission by:
- Reviewing results from site surveys and establishing scope of work needed to construct new stores, renovations of existing stores, and other Store Planning related projects
- Developing landlord work exhibits based on survey results and input from Real Estate site selector on the business deal. Revising landlord work exhibit as required throughout negotiations with landlord until the deal is finalized
- Developing preliminary budget for project based on survey results and landlord/tenant duties
- Coordinating plan approval process with corporate management, landlords and building officials
- Initiating and coordinating the bidding process with general contractors and presenting results to Director of Store Planning for review
- Conducting periodic site visits to stores under construction to confirm quality of workmanship and that the project is on schedule
We're looking for someone:
- With a Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in construction project management
- That has experience with Microsoft Office applications
- With working knowledge of drafting with CADD
- That can read and interpret basic floor plans, elevations, and construction documents
- With working knowledge of basic merchandising techniques
- That is able to travel to store locations throughout the US
Here's what we offer:
- All Your Basic Benefits (health, dental, 401k, PTO, etc.)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Compressed/Flexible Work Schedule
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- And more!
DXL is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.