Industrial EngineerMassachusetts - Canton 04/29/2022 Apply NowApply Later
* Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workforce and equipment.
* Provide recommendations where applicable for process optimization, scheduling, capacity planning, performance measurement, cost feasibility analysis (ROI), and forecasting.
* Develop and maintain engineered labor standards for distribution functions.
* Improve workflow by recommending modifications with processes, workstations, developing new procedures recommending equipment modifications and purchases.
* Implement and train the Distribution Center management team as well as hourly support staff in the proper methods and procedures to ensure that an acceptable level of productivity is sustained.
* Test all labor-related improvements to WMi and Labor Management systems to ensure workflow and productivity are efficiently maintained.
* Maintain knowledge of best practices in all fulfillment processing methods, trends, and developments in technology and equipment; applies this knowledge to maintain the organization's competitive edge.
* Develop and evaluate facility layout changes that will improve productivity and efficiency as needed. Provide cost savings associated with facility layout changes.
* Research, develop, and validate savings or ROI from any distribution cost reductions programs and projects.
* Develop capital expense budgets for Distribution Center/Facilities. Monitor and track purchases within budget parameters.
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
* 5+ years' experience as an Industrial Engineer in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
* Experience with material handling equipment, conveyor systems, and sortation systems.
* Proven track record implementing work measurement programs inclusive of time/motion studies utilizing MTM or equivalent and incentive systems.
* Experience with capacity planning and facility layouts in a fast-paced environment.
* High level of PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Crystal reports a plus
* Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of Manhattan WMi and Labor Management a plus.
* Flexibility to work outside the normal work hours as needed for occasional studies.
* Ability to manage Capital projects.
* Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively with associates, peers, and senior management, both verbally and in writing.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Ability to identify opportunities and challenges, then develop effective plans to address them.
* Thorough understanding of ergonomics and applicable industry standards.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.