Warehouse ManagerMassachusetts - Canton 07/22/2022 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will play a critical role in managing key departments of DXL's Distribution Center while leading a team of supervisors and hourly associates in meeting production, quality, safety and budgetary goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead department in reaching its productivity, quality, safety, and budget goals
- Be a role model to the staff in adhering to and enforcing all company policies, procedures and safety practices.
- Work to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer service experience
- Collaborate closely with peers and other support teams such as HR, Facilities and Finance on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels
- Recommend and implement process changes that promote cross-functional initiatives within the Distribution Center and other areas of the company
- Responsible for team and individual development of supervisors including coaching, training, and mentoring, and conducting performance reviews
- Establish and manage yearly operational budgets in line with company goals; create and produce financial management reports
- Anticipate challenges based upon an understanding of the business and work with all levels of associates to improve department performance
- Track and report monthly on Key Performance indicators pertaining to the inventory
- Initiate, design and implement process improvement programs
- Design and produce reporting metrics
- Facilitate intra and inter-departmental meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain with 5-7 years experience preferred
- Management experience in a distribution center, supply-chain or related production environment required.
- Experience in budget planning and execution as well as the ability to control costs while meeting productivity and quality goals
- MS Office experience, including Word and Excel
- Experience with WMS's a plus, especially Manhattan WMi and Labor Management
- Bilingual in English and Portuguese and/or French Creole a plus
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience communicating with and presenting to all levels of management
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
- Ability to motivate and hold a team accountable
- Strong interpersonal skills including team building and conflict management
- Ability to identify problems and develop sustainable solutions quickly using analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to see and convey the big picture to associates
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize department/function activities
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.