Business Intelligence AnalystMassachusetts - Canton 09/14/2022 Apply NowApply Later
- Ensure that Business Intelligence and report publishing processes run efficiently, accurately, and interact effectively with other related systems.
- Provide functional and technical expertise and partner with key external vendors to resolve issues.
- Provide technical and functional support for new initiatives, development of new applications, and upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide technical and functional support for Business Intelligence and ad hoc reporting/dashboard requests using all appropriate and available systems. Systems include MicroStrategy Business Intelligence cloud-based software, MS Office-based applications (Advanced Access/Excel) and IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Provide technical support to ensure the Report2Web report distribution system runs efficiently, accurately, and timely for all corporate and store locations.
- Learn and follow system best practices policy and procedures.
- Participate in meetings to discuss the progress of projects and to recommend enhancements and changes in philosophies to improve current processes and increase performance.
- This position monitors systems that run 24x7 and may be needed to support the above during non-business hours.
- Assists in the daily support of end-users ability to effectively and efficiently utilize the reporting platform
- Bachelor's degree required. Minimum 1 year of Retail based systems experience preferred; 2-3 or more years of total work experience.
- Project Management background experience a plus.
- Experience in Business Intelligence solutions, data analytics reporting, documents, visualizations, and dashboard creation - MicroStrategy preferred.
- Previous work experience in technical retail system administration is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot batch job failures is a plus.
- Database management and familiarity with AWS databases and SQL, table structures & queries are helpful.
- Knowledge of Redwood R2web web-based publishing system is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Working knowledge of BI and data warehouse concepts and terminology.
- Technical writing skills for manuals, functional requirements, approach documents and procedure instructions
- Independent work style
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Issue tracking skills / follow-up experience
- Problem solving and resolution
- Ability to transform user requirements into meaningful output
- Strong mathematical aptitude and being able to work with and explain data sets at different summarization levels
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.