Assistant BuyerMassachusetts - Canton 02/14/2020 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Buyer is responsible for daily operational management and administrative functions of specific merchandise departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure timely delivery of the merchandise through consistent communication and follow-up with the Vendor, Distribution Center and Merchant Team.
- Preparation for pre-market analysis and Style-Out Meetings.
- Communicate related product information to affected departments; such as Direct Merchandising, Global Sourcing and Marketing.
- Prepare product samples for merchandising reviews and maintain sample rooms.
- Participate in vendor communication and presentations with Associate Buyer and/or Buyer.
- Work closely with Vendor Community to create and manage Purchase Orders.
- Prepare weekly reporting to recap overall business and review this information with the Buyer weekly to have an understanding of Best/ Worst Sellers in season and react accordingly; actively participate in meetings with management.
- Review company sales performance daily to be able to strategize the best way to impact current business trend.
- Communicate with Vendor Community weekly in regards to sales performance.
- Manage the On Order of purchase orders and status of all future deliveries to control inventory flow and the balance of stock.
- Manage and set up direct to store/customer vendors
- Prepare selling recap for weekly, monthly and seasonal time frames.
- Create product assortments and knowledge collateral.
- Manage the Merchandise Assortments to ensure all information is accurate at all times.
- Partner with the Direct Merchandising team to ensure all styles are managed for our Direct to Consumer Business.
- Responsible for writing and executing merchandise buys.
- Manage the daily operations of the merchandise buying office; work independently and prioritize daily job responsibilities.
- Partner with Merchandise Managers/Buyers in competitive shopping, internet research, retail price analysis and gathering market intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in a retail environment is a plus
- Good sense of fashion direction
- Should possess ability to manage multiple projects
- Should possess strong organizational, written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
- Team player
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.