Technology Business Solutions DirectorMassachusetts - Canton 08/15/2022 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Director of Technology Business Solutions will provide management and leadership for the effective and efficient operational deployment and support of all internal and external applications that support all business functions across DXL. This individual will work with business partners and system vendors to provide the business, analytical and collaborative skills necessary to lead the support of multiple major functional applications areas and existing production systems. This individual will foster the professional development of team members by guiding and assisting them to enhance their performance while maintaining a sustainable workplace for the team. This role also requires a hands-on ability to assist and lead to the resolution of technical issues, during and outside of normal business hours as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage production support of a diverse portfolio of Retail, Fulfillment and Merchandising applications spanning different vendors, technologies and 3rd party products.
- Deep dive into critical issues and focus on permanent resolution / enhancement as applicable. Oversee the troubleshooting, bug fixing, testing, and production deployment activities and ensure follow-through in time-frames appropriate for the level of urgency.
- Utilizing the project life cycle, manages the definition, design and development processes and implementation phase of new applications or enhancements to existing systems to support prioritized business initiatives. Works closely with internal and external business partners. Ensures thorough documentation is maintained.
- Leads the trouble-shooting and identification of corrective actions necessary to resolve problems encountered in supported application systems, and ensures follow-through in time-frames appropriate for the level of urgency.
- Comprehends technical documentation, diagrams and configuration guides to provide guidance and oversight of system implementations in accordance with best practices.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation for application configurations and standard operating procedures.
- Partners with business users and project managers to ensure all development projects properly target underlying business initiatives or problems and deliver expected value and customer satisfaction.
- Responds quickly and maintains a constructive approach to on-going changes in the business.
- Identifies and recommends new technology, system tools or application software that can improve productivity or otherwise benefit the overall operation of the business.
- Works with Project Managers to create project plans, defines milestones and deliverables for projects. Monitors progress and organizes work load and resources to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time and on-budget.
- Delivers high-quality projects by ensuring appropriate and thorough testing.
- Communicates to senior levels on technical internal and 3rd party issues.
- Ensures adherence to corporate development standards.
- Provides work direction, supervision and guidance to Application team members.
- Assists the VP, Omni Channel Technology in the development of short and long-range plans.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably including courses in computer science, business administration, mathematics, statistics or accounting.
- 8+ years of IT or IT-related experience, At least 5 years in a hands-on technical role such as software development, systems integration or data analysis and 3 years of which must be in project management or managing the development of business applications.
- Specialty Retail, Wholesale and Direct-to-Consumer fulfillment experience.
- Strong understanding of retail omnichannel technology and workflows including order to cash, payment processing, e-commerce, order management, supply chain and fulfillment.
- Experienced with the design and oversight of various system integrations and data transformations (ETL) leveraging batch workflows and API's.
- Knowledge of the following applications preferred:
- JDA's MMS, E3, JDA Allocation, Enterprise Planning
- Manhattan's WMi, Active Omni
- Infor's CRM, Lawson Financials
- Logility's Andromeda
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Atlassian Jira
- Understands SQL queries, open source scripting languages and JSON and XML document structures
Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understands the request/problem.
- Develops appropriate solutions.
- Uses good judgement as to not "over analyze."
- Strong understanding of specialty retail business.
Proven understanding of Project Life Cycle
- Understands each phase.
- Utilizes on all projects.
- Uses discretion on smaller projects (knows what can be condensed).
- Utilizes project management software to track budgets, estimates, progress and time to completion.
Demonstrated managerial and leadership abilities
- Ability to delegate large-scale/complex work assignments with proper follow-up
- Understands when and who to delegate to
- Able to discern proper level of follow-up
- Acts as a role model and leads by example.
- Able to view and execute from the company view point.
- Demonstrated ability to lead meetings.
- Expresses and presents ideas in a clear, concise and logically structured fashion appropriate for the target audience.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to clearly and logically communicate ideas in documentation.
- Projects a positive attitude and commitment.
- Handles issues in a professional manner.
- Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional
- Demonstrated ability to handle personnel issues.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.