Staff AccountantMassachusetts - Canton 04/20/2021 Apply NowApply Later
* Prepare accurate and actionable reconciliation for all assigned accounts each month in a timely manner. Ensure thorough understanding of account balance and activity. Identify and resolve issues.
* Perform the month-end closing process and ensure issues are surfaced and addressed timely. Utilize the Lawson general ledger system to ensure that journal entries are accurately posted to the correct department and account.
* Streamline and expedite the month-end closing process by partnering with others in the Finance department and throughout the organization to ensure that all necessary expenses, accruals, etc. have been identified and recorded.
* Investigate and explain variances between actual results versus plan/forecast. Support the budgeting and forecasting process by developing the annual budget for certain areas of responsibility.
* Prepare and publish a variety of weekly and/or monthly reporting to help the business in assessing the performance of retail stores, variances to plan, and financial statements.
* Support the Manager of Accounting in preparation of quarterly Board of Director update presentations.
* Prepare schedules and support requests for the Company's external auditors.
* Assist in maintenance of the Lawson Asset Management system, including processing of invoices, disposals, and transfers of assets between stores.
* Other duties or projects as assigned, ad hoc analysis.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
* Minimum 2 years experience with general ledger accounting in a fast paced corporate environment, including journal entry and account reconciliation preparation. Retail industry experience a plus, but not required.
* Experience with Lawson systems a plus, but not required.
* Strong experience with Microsoft Excel required.
* Excellent organizational skills
* Communication skills -- written and verbal
* Detail oriented with strong analytical skills, ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
* The ability to work independently and make decisions while meeting deadlines
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.