Security OfficerMassachusetts - Canton 12/02/2019 Apply Now Apply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Security Officer will assist the Loss Prevention Manager with ensuring the safety and secure operation of both the DXLG corporate offices and distribution center. All security officers must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and be available for overtime if needed. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facility opening and closing
- Burglar & Fire Alarm system operation knowledge
- Monitoring all persons entering and exiting the facility. Issue and collect visitor/temporary associate/contractor badges as needed and ensure all sign in/out on the log (check ID's)
- Monitor all CCTV cameras
- Monitor access system
- Handle shipping and receiving of trailers/containers after hours (Follow all corporate CT-PAT Regulations).
- Conduct parking lot inspections for suspicious or unauthorized vehicle parking
- Conduct interior facility tours and report any security, safety or suspicious issues immediately
- Observe all associates entering and exiting the facility. Conduct standard bag, package and visual clothing scans of people exiting the facility. Confront persons, if company merchandise is found or suspected of being hidden on or within personal property of that person. Contact Supervisor or manager to perform thorough inspection.
- Contact associates or departments for any special deliveries and/or associate orders brought to the security office or main entrances.
- Emergency response for threat, fire, and medical concerns on the property
- Phone operator to transfer calls to requested departments
- Consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 1 - 2 years prior experience in security related role strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers and be able to use Microsoft office, email and select office equipment such as fax machines, printers, copiers.
- Ability to provide coverage for shifts with short notice and work overtime (if needed)
- Must work Holidays and weekends (as needed)
- Have reliable transportation in getting to work
- Prior CPR/First Aid training a plus but not mandatory
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people from all levels of the organization.
- Be comfortable and diplomatic in enforcing corporate policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi task in a fast paced environment and have ability to prioritize important tasks
- Possess strong work ethic and excellent attendance record
- Must have positive attitude and be able to work independently with minimal direction and as well as be part of a team
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.