Regional Vice PresidentMassachusetts - Canton 11/07/2019 Apply Now Apply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Regional Vice President (Northeast Region) is a key member of the company's management team and has complete responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the sales and operations of the stores within the assigned market. The incumbent assumes ownership, leadership and control of the business, is the subject matter expert in the field and should personally influence the business culture of their region through the passion and impact of their leadership and their communication of and execution of the company's business plan. Key skills are building partnerships and alliances throughout the organization to assure the delivery of merchandise, services and resources needed to achieve the business results required by the company. It is a requirement of the position that the incumbent is able to evaluate and analyze all aspects of the business, develop strategies, make recommendations and execute plans that achieve the goals and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selecting, hiring, training and motivating a successful sales organization dedicated to the company philosophy of providing superior service that exceeds the expectations of our customers which results in achieving and surpassing the goals and objectives of the company.
- Develop and administer management succession strategy that builds and retains a pool of available management talent to sustain and grow the business model.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate observations and analysis of key drivers that impact the business on a store, market and geographical basis: Customer input and service recommendations, Merchandise assortment and allocation, Demographic considerations, Real Estate analysis, Marketing observations and input, Emerging market trends and economic issues, Competition and local merchandising trends, Talent acquisition and human capital management, Recruiting, compensation and incentives and Systems support and technology.
- Execute Company business strategy, achieve sales and operational goals through effective management techniques, leadership and communication skills.
- Supervise and direct RSM's and Store Management Team through constant communication including effective utilization of store and market visits that motivate, enable and empower field management to achieve objectives.
- Travel to Stores with purpose (learn, train, meet, and communicate).
- Continuously analyze aptitude, behavior and competence of management and sales staff; Focus energy on upgrading competencies, Raising selection standards and Empowering and enabling management.
- Travel should be planned 90 days out to support initiatives and should change based needs analysis and activity within the Region.
- Focus execution efforts on key Programs, Policies, and Procedures; Analyze productivity statistics and Manage resulting actions.
- Own and manage issues and concerns generated from the Field.
- Captain timely and consistent communication to and from the Home Office; Operational, Marketing and Human Resources.
- Monitor and report merchandising concerns by providing facts to influence buys based on market.
- Lead the Staffing charge for the stores and districts within the Region; Hiring, Pay rate management, Developing talent, Scheduling (coverage management), Monitoring payroll dollars vs. budget, Handling minor ER issues with Regional Sales Managers and Maintain succession plans for DM positions; monitor succession plans at store level.
- Monitor and Manage processes to ensure effectiveness and appropriateness for each level of the field organization; Ensuring operational processes are appropriate for stores/dms and Managing compliance of processes.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the stores sales staff to accomplish objectives and defined sales and profit goals.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or 7 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Apparel experience required.
- An individual must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- To qualify for this job, an individual must pass a Pre-employment Assessment and may be required to pass a Background Check.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets company policies and procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, performance appraisals and corrective action documentation and to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Complete understanding of retail math (analyzing profitability, gross margins and mark down allowance)
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain, a variety of instructions, polices, and procedures furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Outlook.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.