Regional Sales ManagerCalifornia - San Francisco 05/11/2022 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The primary focus of DXLG's field management is to create and manage a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining a relationship with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the overall operation and performance of the region, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff selection and supervision, training and development, loss prevention, and expense control. The RSM is fully accountable for the success of their region by ensuring world-class customer service and loyalty and driving sales and profitability while directing all aspects of store operations. Major focus areas affecting profitability include but are not limited to: Customer Service, Comparative Sales, Catalog Sales, Inventory Control, Risk Management and Payroll Control. The Regional Sales Manager supervises up to 20 Store Managers and is responsible for the general direction, execution, coordination, and evaluation of their stores. The Regional Sales Manager must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state/federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. The Regional Sales Manager must establish high standards of performance and act as a role model by exhibiting those standards through their personal performance. This position reports to the Regional Vice President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, fostering and maintaining a store culture focused on the customer and enhancing the buying experience.
- Empower and enable Store Managers to use their skills, experience and good judgment as an effective customer service and management tool.
- Hire, train and coach Store Managers capable of establishing a store culture that supports our customer-focused environment.
- Coach, train and collaborate with Store Managers on building superior sales teams through identification of successful selling skills and behaviors.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the stores sales staff to accomplish sales, productivity and profit goals. Review store sales, productivity data, audit results and other reporting tools.
- Be aware of local trends in customer service models, merchandising, product assortment, marketing and real estate opportunities within assigned market and take appropriate action.
- Partner with Regional Vice President to develop plans of action to achieve Company initiatives - specifically financial and profitability goals.
- Communicate and advocate policies and procedures to ensure the message is clear and consistent from Corporate to Store Managers.
- Communicate objectives, deadlines, and priorities to Store Managers & Associates clearly and comprehensively with understandable timelines and formats.
- Represent the district by bringing forward recommendations, best practices, suggestions, concerns and business issues to the Regional Vice President or the appropriate corporate department.
- Implement and interpret visual standards and techniques according to company guidelines; empower Store Managers to merchandise their store for optimum sales opportunities.
- Regularly visit stores to encourage, train and motivate associates in support of our customer-centric culture and operational standards.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback, conduct introductory reviews, execute developmental plans, deliver annual appraisals, handle performance documentation, implement succession plans and recognize outstanding performers.
- Evaluate training effectiveness by examining performance metrics, observing, role playing and interacting with associates on the selling floor. Identify and initiate constructive coaching and training opportunities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; or 7 to 10 years related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail apparel industry experience required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years management experience, 2 years in a muti-unit role
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies and procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, performance appraisals and corrective action documentation and to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages. Complete understanding of retail math (analyzing profitability, gross margins and mark down allowance).
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions, polices, and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong/intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook -- these programs are used on a daily basis in this position.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Assessment and may be required to pass a Background & Motor Vehicle Check.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.