Warehouse AssociateMassachusetts - Canton 03/19/2021 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will be cross-trained to support general merchandise distribution functions in our warehouse facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the distribution area and all activities to include sweeping, induction, line loading and shipping.
- Identify all merchandise for picking, ticketing, tagging, and receiving.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that will meet department productivity standards.
- Meet department standards for quality and unit per hour expectations.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining inventory of merchandise.
- Pull and prepare product for shipping, ensuring that the exact number and proper product is ready for shipping.
- Update and communicate with the Retail, Catalog, and Management Staff on any issues.
- Maintain production area in regards to safety regulations, organization, and cleanliness.
- Special duties or projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1- 2 years experience.
- Basic computer knowledge is helpful, with ability to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Basic knowledge of PKMS systems and its usage in the Distribution Center is helpful.
- Must be able to use a Radio Frequency (RF) Scanner Gun to process product for shipping
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on issues.
- Good communication/comprehension skills -- both written and verbal.
- Math Skills -- ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule -- hours may change daily based on department assignment.
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb stairs/ladders, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires ability to push rolling carts or racks full of merchandise
- Requires ability to pack/unpack and handle boxes up to 50lbs.
- Requires ability to pick merchandise from multi tier modules
- Requires ability to pick merchandise from multi-tier modules designed for multi-sku product.
- Requires ability operate non electric pallet jack
- Requires ability to work in a fast pace warehouse environment with narrow aisles, conveyor belts, forklifts, and other power equipment.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.