Supervisor, DC OperationsMassachusetts - Canton 07/12/2019 Apply Now Apply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for leading a team of associates in meeting Department production, quality, safety and budgetary goals in a fast paced fulfillment center environment. This position serves as a role model to the staff in adhering to and enforcing all company policies, procedures and safety practices. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for communicating and maintaining established goals for productivity, quality, safety and budget within assigned department.
- Manage daily work priorities; associate assignments associate relations issues, and training to meet changing operational and business demands. Complete daily production and time and attendance reports.
- Responsible for team development, training, coaching and mentoring -- including but not limited to: attendance, productivity, quality and overall performance.
- Responsible for managing and meeting the department budget.
- Participate in the hiring of new associates.
- Handle all disciplinary issues, up to and including termination in accordance with company policy and in partnership with Human Resources.
- Coordinate regularly with other Departments to achieve operational goals.
- Develop new initiatives to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Anticipate the needs of the business by interacting with all levels within the area to increase department performance.
- Assist other departments to complete special projects or high priority assignments.
- Complete special reports/projects as necessary.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Critical relationships and partnerships include specific Corporate Departments inclusive of but not limited to: Finance, Planning / Allocation, Quality Assurance.
- 2-3 years front-line supervisory experience required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience in a distribution center, supply-chain or related production environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time-management and conflict management skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, peers and upper management, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions quickly.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to be a self-starter and a team player.
- Flexibility a must: willingness to move to another department/site or to assist on other special projects.
- Knowledge of budget controls preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Experience with power lift trucks, material handling systems and warehouse management systems a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on issues.
- Good communication/comprehension skills -- both written and verbal.
- Must be able work independently with minimal supervision.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb stairs/ladders, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to push rolling carts or racks full of merchandise.
- Ability to pack/unpack and handle boxes up to 50lbs.
- Ability to pick merchandise from multi tier modules.
- Ability to pick merchandise from multi-tier modules designed for multi-sku product.
- Ability operate non electric pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a fast pace warehouse environment with narrow aisles, conveyor belts, forklifts, and other power equipment.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.