DC - Forklift OperatorMassachusetts - Canton 12/30/2020 Apply NowApply Later
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Fork Lift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to load and unload trucks, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. You will also be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift vehicle and will be required to perform other duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the unloading of inbound shipments; safely and moving product to its proper locations.
- Efficiently stack and move the merchandise in the appropriate areas for packing or picking.
- Ensure the quality of the inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and not damaged.
- Follow up and reports any quality issues that do not meet company standards.
- Pull and prepare product for shipping, ensuring that the exact number and proper product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that will meets department productivity standards.
- Responsible for meeting the department productivity standards and requirements within the department.
- Adhere to all procedures for safety regulations, organization, and cleanliness of production areas.
- Inspect and maintain the forklift on a daily basis making sure that the forklift is safe and is working properly.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Warehouse or Distribution Center environment.
- Basic computer knowledge is helpful, with ability to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Knowledge of PKMS system and its usage in the Distribution Center.
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on issues.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent attendance record.
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb stairs/ladders, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires ability to push rolling carts or racks full of merchandise
- Requires ability to pack/unpack and handle boxes up to 50lbs.
- Requires ability to pick merchandise from multi tier modules
- Requires ability to pick merchandise from multi-tier modules designed for multi-sku product.
- Requires ability operate non electric pallet jack
- Requires ability to work in a fast pace warehouse environment with narrow aisles, conveyor belts, forklifts, and other power equipment.
Don't miss a great opportunity. Sign up for job alerts and stay updated.